Tuesday 3 January 2012

Taipei Station

Happy 2012! During the christmas holidays I had my knee ACL repair surgery, and since then I've been spending my whole holidays sitting around at home. Meaning, I never got a chance to eat out. Sigh, I know it sounds disappointing, but no special holiday dinners to blog about. 

A few weeks ago I went to try Taipei Station for an afternoon snack. I did realize it's a bubble tea place and they probably would mark up the prices because they expect people to sit for a very long time, but to my surprise, everything on the menu was pretty expensive. Most importantly, not worth the price.

They have lunch specials with better prices, prices that I would consider decent. But that only applies for weekdays, and I went on a weekend. You'd be surprised at the differences in prices if you don't get their lunch or afternoon-tea deals.
I ordered this, 魯肉飯 
Can you believe it? This is what they served me. The meat could be finished in a few bites, and not to mention that there were a lot of fat chunks mixed with the meat as well. Considering the fact that I don't like eating too much rice, this was a horrible dish for me. It was basically telling me to just eat the big chunk of rice, for $8.00

My mom ordered the toast: 奶酥厚多土
Doesn't look familiar eh? That's the first thing that came in mind for me too, it looked more like peanut butter. Not to mention the taste was kind of weird, didn't taste the milky condensed taste at all. I don't remember the price of this but it was definitely over $5. 

My brother ordered the taiwanese fried chicken: 鹽酥雞排
I suppose this looked the most "normal". Didn't taste very traditional, but tasted alright. It was a bit too salty though. This dish was $8 as well, I would rather pay $8 for this instead of my chunk of rice.

Food: Horrible
Service: Alright
Price: Expensive and not worth it. Food-wise, I don't recall seeing anything on the menu less than $5. If I remember correctly, their drinks were $4+.
Atmosphere/Decoration: I must say the decoration is really nice, has a bit of romantic feel to it. But the food just spoils all.
Overall: If I were to order a snack and a bubble tea drink, the bill for one person probably would be $15+. Yet to consider how the food tasted bad as well. Completely not worth a trip. I never had a chance to try their drinks, (except the tea that they served) but I suppose they should be decent. If you were to give this place a try, go for the drinks. If you want food, I would suggest you to eat somewhere else and don't waste your money.

Taipei Station
11 Fairburn Dr, Unit 14-15 (behind First Markham Place)

No comments:

Post a Comment