Monday 23 January 2012

Inaho Japanese Restaurant

On the first weekend that I came back from Waterloo, my brother took me out for sushi claiming it was to celebrate my recovery, and that I can finally eat raw fish again! We went to Inaho, a very traditional Japanese restaurant not too far from where we live. 

We ordered one of the sushi and sashimi boats. This costed around $33. Yes, huge difference portion-wise if you compare it to my previous post at Ichiban. 
But aside from the portion, Inaho serves fresh, high-quality fish. The red snapper sashimi (next to the red tuna sashimi) was really good. Semi-transparent meat, unlike the other sushi places serving the white colored red snapper that doesn't really have any taste to it. 

Negi Hamachi roll, which is basically hamachi chopped into really really small pieces mixed with green onions.
I know it doesn't look nicely decorated, but it tasted good. I was surprised that the chef actually chopped the hamachi into really small pieces. You weren't able to taste the "pieces", it was like he grinded the fish. This was listed on their specials menu, it was $7.

Big headed shrimp sashimi.
This tasted like heaven, chubby sweet shrimp meat.

We requested to fry the shrimp head after.
It tasted crunchy like chips. My brother said it wasn't fried that well though.

I really wanted a spicy salmon handroll.
Nothing special, but definitely not worth $5.95. I didn't really like it, it was basically just chunks of salmon with the spicy mayo sauce. When I saw the price of the handroll printed on the bill, in my mind I just kept thinking of Aoyama's $2 handroll. So much more worth it!

Food: Really good
Service: Service is quite slow when it gets busy, since its only the 2 owners that are working. The husband is Japanese (the sushi chef) and the wife is Cantonese doing all the other tasks. Although the service can get slow, the woman is really nice.
Price: Expensive, but reasonably priced based on the fish they serve. (except for my handroll). 
Atmosphere/Decoration: The place is not big or much decorated. You probably wouldn't even notice this restaurant when you pass by it unless someone suggested you to go.
Overall: I would recommend this place, another option other than Aoyama. 

Inaho Japanese Restaurant
155 East Beaver Creek rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment