Thursday 5 January 2012

Ichiban Fish House

Before exam period, my friend took me to a sushi place. I'm sure everyone's heard of "Ichiban" since there are a lot of them around, but we went to the one in Richmond Hill. Even though there are many franchises, I've actually never been to one. This time was my first visit.

There were a lot of choices on the menu, and pictures of their combos and boats. 
We decided to go for one of the sushi and sashimi boats, it was definitely enough to fill 2 tummys.
Surprisingly, this boat was only $33. I thought it was a good deal, considering they did give quite a good variety and the fish was fresh. For that price, I wasn't expecting scallop sashimi (under that shell in the centre).

On the side we ordered spicy salmon handroll, as I always like to try.
However, this was disappointing and overpriced. It was basically a piece of salmon sashimi wrapped in their not-so-spicy mayo sauce. Definitely not worth $4.95! Aoyama sushi's handrolls are only $2 and yet so much better.

Food: Good.
Service: Alright, to my surprise the owner and the people working there were Chinese.
Price: Decent, fair price for the fish they serve.
Atmosphere/Decoration: Typical japanese restaurant, place is quite small and not good for big groups. It actually get quite busy during dinner time, we had to wait for a bit for a table.
Overall: Not a bad choice for a decent casual sushi dinner. I think their sushi/sashimi boats are a pretty good deal with good portions. I never tried their cooked food though.

Ichiban Fish House
9425 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill (In the chinese plaza)

No comments:

Post a Comment