Monday 1 April 2013

Folia Grill

The first thing that attracted me in wanting to try this place was after seeing a picture of zucchini fries. Yes, I've never seen such thing before and it looked really good in pictures at that moment.

Before I walked in a saw the sign of the "new" Pork Souvlaki pita offering, and considering that I always prefer pork over chicken, I went for the Pork Souvlaki pita. ($5.25)
The pita comes with pork souvlaki (of course), tzatziki (which is their sauce), tomatoes, red onions, and french fries. Yes, the addition of french fries reminded me of my favorite Shawarma at Mozy's in Waterloo; Still my number one shawarma place. The pita bread was slightly toasted with a crisp on the outside but soft and thick. The pork was a bit tough and I struggled a bit eating this pita in a proper manner, but it still tasted really good. The portion of the pita is huge, but I couldn't help on wanting to finish the entire thing. 

My mom ordered the Chicken Souvlaki Pita. ($5.25)
What a mistake for me ordering the Pork instead of chicken. The chicken tasted so much more juicier and the chicken was just perfectly grilled. It could also be because the chicken was a bit more fatty, meaning the meat was more of the tender parts of the chicken. Regardless, this was really good. The chicken has french fries in it too but it's kinda hidden by the overflow of chicken.

And here are the Zucchini Fries ($4.50) as a side order. Fair pricing for the amount of zucchini. 
Thick cut pieces of fried zucchini. As you can see, you see the green lol It's not like deep fried and completely sunk in fried batter. Although it doesn't seem like it, it is really crispy. And the deep fried batter has taste to it already, a little bit spicy and salty. After dipping into the sauce, amazing combination. 

Food: Really good.
Service: Good.
Price: Average
Atmosphere: It's more of a fast food type of setting, not really a restaurant but they do serve you if you tell them it's not take out.
Overall: I loved the chicken souvlaki pita. I would definitely come back to have it again, if only the location wasn't so random and far from me. As we were leaving, my brother even ordered another chicken souvlaki pita to go since who noes when we would pay another visit here. This place is my second favourite shawarma place and I definitely recommend this place. The zucchini fries really added bonus points to this place.  

Folia Grill
1031 Pape Ave, Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment