Thursday 4 April 2013

Sukho Thai

On the weekend my friend brought me to taste some authentic Thai food claiming that it is really good. 

We started off with the garlic shrimp. At first I was thinking they are probably going to serve the mix of fake shrimp paste. But to my surprise they actually served real shrimp.
I've had fried coconut shrimp somewhere else before and that just ruined my image of having fried shrimp at Thai restaurants. Good thing this one was garlic. It was nicely fried making it really crispy. I liked how the batter wasn't too thick and the shrimps were a fair size.

I ordered Pad Thai. ($12) - the one without peanuts. 
Pad Thai is essentially my favorite Thai food. As you can tell by the color, it's not like typical red orange pad thai you normally see at thai express or other thai restaurants. It tasted good, not too sweet while having a tiny bit of spiciness  However I do think it could be a bit more spicy. There were a lot of pieces of chicken. The chicken was a bit dry though, needed the sauce to accompany it. 

My friend ordered the Khao Soi ($13), yellow noodles in curry gravy with beef
I know you can't really see anything based on the picture, but there were quite a lot of chunks of beef in the curry. I personally thought this dish was a bit too sweet for curry, but the curry tasted really rich. The beef however is really tender, not chewy at all. Incase you are wondering, those are fried crisps added to the dish, those are not the yellow noodles. The noodles were chewy and not overly cooked, which

Food: Pretty good
Service: Alright
Price: Average
Atmosphere: This place is pretty small and it is really busy on the weekend. Probably better off making reservations.
Overall: I don't eat Thai food enough to count as a good judge, but of all the Thai restaurants I've been to so far, this place does stand out. I do recommend this restaurant if you're wanting some authentic and yummy Thai food. The two dishes I mentioned are the highly preferred and recommended dishes. Considering this place is far from where I live, but if I am around in the area I wouldn't mind coming back for another visit.

Sukho Thai
274 Parliament St., Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment