Monday 10 June 2013

Caffe di Portici

After my exam, my bro picked me up from Ryerson and we decided to go for a late lunch. To try something different, my bro suggested going to this Italian cafe that his friend works there as a waitress, claiming that the food is good.

I ordered the Capricciosa pizza ($12)
I know it may not look that exciting through the pictures, which is probably why i wasn't excited when they served me my pizza. But after my first bite, totally different story. The pizza was delicious. The pizza contains fresh mozzarella, proscuitto, artichokes, mushrooms, olives, and fresh basil. I love how the crust was super thin and really crispy. I must say it is one of the best pizzas i've had aside from the one I had in California.

My bro tried the panini, Fontina ($8.95)
Ingredients included spicy calabrese salami, fontina cheese, arugula, and roasted red peppers. I normally don't enjoy peppers in a sandwich but this combination went well. The panini was really crispy.

Food: Excellent
Service: Really good
Price: A bit more pricey than average, but I would comment its great value for the fresh food.
Atmosphere: The cafe is in a rich area on the ground floor of a condo. It is small but really nicely decorated. A good place to chill in the afternoon, its like a hidden secret little spot. Just as a side note they do serve alcohol, I remember at my first visit the table next to me was a tipsy rich lady that was really friendly and kept talking to us. Drunk at 3pm in the afternoon, rich people's life eh?
Overall: I was not expecting much when I decided to come here, but to my surprise the food was really good. The good thing about this cafe is that their hot plates are freshly made - it is a bit of a wait but trust me, its worth it. Not some pizza that's been sitting in the oven waiting for a customer to come order and eat it. I recommend trying their paninis or pizzas - the only 2 things i've tried at this cafe but i believe to be the best.

Caffe di Portici
6 Scollard Street, Yorkville Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment