Thursday 8 March 2012

Niwatei

My friend wanted ramen so I took him to this place to give it a try. I've never been before but my bro said their ramen is alright.

They only have 6 kinds to choose from, not much of a variety. But I suppose this way it will be more specialized. All 6 kinds basically have the same toppings (except for the chicken ramen), the only difference was the soup base. Too bad they didn't have a ramen that came with gyoza. They do have a ramen set to choose sides, but it was only available on weekend and for dinner. But I went for lunch on a weekday. =/

I ordered the Soy Sauce Ramen. ($7.80)
The soup base was strong and good, the texture of the ramen was chewy and tastey as well. 
For some reason I wouldn't say it's amazing though. I've had better. I do think their ramen noodles are comparable to Kenzo though. I did like the chasiu (pork) meat, it wasn't too tight or rough like other ramen places.

My friend ordered the Pork Tonkotsu Ramen. ($8.80)
I found it funny how the soup looked kinda 'milky', but it actually did have a strong pork bone soup taste. Those who like spicy should probably try adding spicy miso to it, +$1.25 though.

Food: Good
Service: Good
Price: Average, each ramen is less than $10
Atmosphere/Decoration: The place is pretty small, but quite busy when I went for lunch. Funny thing is everyone eating at the restaurant were chinese, not japanese. The deco/environment is cute and cozy, but tables are pretty close to each other. Not really a place to go for a date or have a secret convo.
Overall: Their ramen is good, I wouldn't mind coming here again for a quick lunch with a friend. It's a good option if you are looking somewhere for some decent ramen.

Niwatei
3160 Steeles Ave E, (Inside J-Town Plaza, at the far back past Ju)

No comments:

Post a Comment